Thursday, March 29, 2012

Eleanor Tayam - Houston, TX

Who are you?
- Eleanor Tayam, Senior at University of Houston System - Victoria studying to receive her B.A.A.S. in Digital Gaming and Simulation.

What's in your bag?
- handy dandy laptop bag my dad gave me, Dell Latitude D630 (with skullcandy sticker pasted on top, lame I know), power brick for the Dell, mini notebook of ideas, cords: iPod, 2 USB (1 short, 1 long), Headphones, micro USB, purple 9LED flashlight, 500GB Seagate hard drive, Prismacolor Fine Line markers, Logitech M315 wireless mouse in Steel Blue :), 2in1 pen from my dad's company (it's a pen AND a highlighter!), my schoolwork flavor of the day of notebooks depending on my classes.

Favorite game of all time?
- anything by Naughty Dog, Inc.

What made you want to study game design?
- My dad first bought me our family the first generation Playstation and I don't know, it just kind of hit me that I wanted to design video games. I love reading, I love doing crafts, and I have a huge imagination so all that mixed in with my brain only wanting to learn kinesthetically (by moving, touching, muscle memory, etc.) it just seemed natural to me to design things that were made for interaction.

Who, or what, is your biggest inspiration?
- Books. Reading. Literature is a timeless form of entertainment and where a lot of people develop their "inner eye" for imagination. I want to know where the awesomeness first originated and use that for games.

Guilty pleasure of the moment?
- Chocolate. Lots of it.

Any last words?
- May the Odds Be Ever In Your Favor.







No comments:

Post a Comment